I am very proud to share the launch of the world’s first fully transparent respirator designed and produced by our colleagues son Faheem Saeed. Faheem, a 4th year Mechanical Engineering student with specialization in Biomedical Engineering at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, conceived the idea to design a transparent mask (TUSK) when it became apparent that Covid19 is here to stay and wearing masks will be the new normal.
After 6 months of working on designing, prototyping and testing the transparent mask, Faheem has formed his own start-up business, AYTS Technologies Inc. (www.ayts.ca)
to manufacture and market his invention. Recently Faheem launched a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/94796b24 to promote TUSK.
The salient features of TUSK are:
- Sleekly designed, fully transparent and sealed full respirator allowing protection from aerosol transmission of viruses in the air (biggest reason for spread of Covid), without having to hide the face.
- It is reusable (sterilizable, washable and autoclavable) thus minimizing cost of replacing masks daily whilst reducing the impact on the environment by reducing the waste from disposable masks.
- Use of N99+ filters particles bigger than 0.03 microns with 99.97% efficiency.
- Most suitable for air travel, public transport, hospitals, airports and other crowded places, where social distancing is difficult.
- Easy to pass security without having to expose oneself to aerosol particles circulating in the air.
- Easy to operate devices requiring facial recognition.
- TUSK is made of optical grade polycarbonate and is coated with UV resistant and anti fog chemicals to give highest visibility and protection.
You can see TUSK video here https://youtu.be/1FEULePqRUk
For pricing/quantity order information please email firstname.lastname@example.org